Recently I was lucky enough to score an interview with one of my all-time SEO heroes, Mr Rand Fishkin from Moz.com.
I asked him a heap of useful small business SEO questions, and yes, even asked how he felt being an SEO heart throb!
- Is it possible for small businesses to DIY their SEO?
- Other than Moz and of course the Recipe for SEO Success, what are your other favourite SEO education websites? Resources?
- What are you top five tools that every search marketing or digital marketing business type must use?
- If you only had a few hours a week to spare in which to focus on SEO and marketing, what would you spend it doing? Building links or creating content?
- There are only so many phrases and only 10 spots on the first page. Does there come a point where SEO just won’t work in a crowded market?
- What role do spelling mistakes play in SEO, would having lots of typos in your copy impact your potential to rank?
- Why is it so hard to rank for a keyword with a new page when you’re already ranking for it with an existing one?
- Does social media impact my ranking? And which social media channel should I invest my time in?
- What tips for an AU business wanting to appear in the US rankings?
- How will live streaming affect SEO?
- Do weak pages on your site damage the strong pages, should I kill off all my weak pages?
- What was the one business decisions (mistakes) that you wish you could go back and change?
- The truth is you’re a little bit of a heartthrob for many female (and possibly male) SEO types. How do you cope with that kind of attention?
Show notes: http://www.therecipeforseosuccess.com.au/seo-small-business-interview-rand-fishkin/