This episode is a rerun - while I take a much-needed break from the pod, keep your SEO skills sharp by checking out one of my favourite episodes.
Crawlability is super important for your website.
Ensuring humans and those sticky little Google bots can slip through your site like a damp otter down a pipe is crucial.
We don’t want duplicate content and we don’t want oodles of pointless pages and archives being crawled.
We want slick, efficient, uber crawlable websites and today we’ll be going through how to make that doable.
Tune in to learn:
- What crawlability is and why it matters
- The meaning of crawl budget
- How often Google crawls your site
- How you can get Google to crawl your site more
- The key elements of crawlability
- How to handle password-protected content
- Zombie pages and how to deal with them
- Best tools to crawl your website
- How to handle 404s and 301 redirects
- Dealing with duplicate content